7.14.2014

38 Weeks

32 weeks

35 weeks, 4 days

37 weeks, 5 days

How far along: 38 weeks, 5 days
Size: Somewhere around 6-7 pounds. My midwife hasn't made any estimations this time around.
Gender: Girl
Total weight gain: 35ish pounds
Maternity clothes: I'm ready to say goodbye to the select few shirts and dresses I've been rotating through this pregnancy.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: I've been sleeping fairly well considering how close I am to baby's due date. Other than waking up 3-4 times to go to the bathroom, that is :).
Movement: This little girl seems to move a lot more than Nora did.
Queasy or sick: I've been feeling great this week!
Labor Signs: At my appointment last Friday I found out that baby girl has dropped and is engaged in my pelvis - good news for sure! I've started having lots of false labor just this past week -  mild, regular contractions anywhere from 7 to just 3 minutes apart for about 4 hours at the longest.
Symptoms: Heartburn, round ligament pain after a long day, and plenty of B-H contractions.
Belly button in or out: It's pretty much stayed flat except for the very top, which pokes out just a tiny bit.
Wedding rings on or off: I'm so surprised my rings are still on! My hands swell when we go for walks in these 90 degree summer days, but overall I haven't had an issue with swelling.
Recap of the week last 6 weeks: Unfortunately, I have done a terrible job of documenting this last trimester! My laptop was broken for awhile, though I have no excuses for the past few weeks it has been fixed. We've managed to snap a few photos, just not every week. It has been fairly uneventful pregnancy-wise. All of my check ups have been good, with baby measuring right on track and always having a lower than "normal" heartbeat for a girl (in the low to mid-140s). For the most part, I have been well and generally comfortable, though I had a small kidney stone that passed about a month ago now. We went on vacation with my parents early in May, and I'm planning on posting those photos soon! Matt's family came to visit just a couple of weeks ago, and we're gearing up for lots of visitors within the next month when baby girl decides to make her debut :).
Looking forward to: Meeting baby girl, hopefully soon!
Looking back: 38 weeks with Nora


+, Lauren Aiken

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE 38 WEEKS!!!! What in the world? Where did the time go?! I can not WAIT to see your sweet girl! You are in my prayers, and I know this labor and delivery will be more peaceful than the last-- I just know it! Be blessed, my friend! I can't wait to hear the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek so close!! I'm pretty sure I say this every weekly post, but you look great!! Thank you for your kind words on my post about birthing the baby, we've been praying he just comes and we don't have to make a decision. Putting it all in Gods hands I suppose. Good luck to you, looking forward to seeing your new baby girl so soon!

    ReplyDelete