9.06.2012

Showered in Indiana

This past Saturday my sisters hosted a shower for Baby A in Indiana. I was super blessed with so many family and friends who came, many who traveled from states away, and showered us with generosity. My sisters made the shower extra special with DIY elements, handpicked flowers, and sweet little birds incorporated throughout the decor. Here are some pictures from the day. 
{Thanks to Victoria and Jodi for snapping some great shots!}

My first dress and shoes, and a dahlia (my favorite flower).


DIY bird details and gorgeous flowers picked fresh from a farm. Oh, and the girls made all of the food too!

Pretty touches of pink.


A blessing we read together, written by a dear family friend.


We played a few games. Everyone had to take a piece of yarn and cut it to guess the circumference of my tummy. There were a couple really close ones! Later that night, Matt guessed right on


I wish this picture didn't turn out blurry! 


Look at all those gifts! We are so blessed by so many people. We received a ton of baby clothes, baby necessities, several hand sewn or knitted blankets, many crocheted/knitted hats and booties, a swing, a baby food maker, Baby Bjorn, and more! I was overwhelmed by how much Baby A is loved, and she isn't even here yet.


Eloise (left) and Victoria (right) did an amazing job organizing everything and making the shower absolutely perfect! They are two excited aunties :).


I haven't posted many pictures of Matt and I together while I've been pregnant because he's always taking photos of me. 


It was so great to be home and hang with the family one last time before Baby A makes her debut. 


We're just about 4 1/2 weeks out from holding our little girl for the first time!! 

You can find pictures from my first shower in Seattle here.

+, Lauren Aiken



1 comment:

  1. What a cute shower! All the bird details are precious. I can't believe it's only 4.5 weeks away!!!

    ReplyDelete