7.13.2012

27 Weeks


My bump is definitely visible from the front now!


How far along? 27 weeks
Baby Size: 2 pounds! 
Total weight gain: around 18.5 pounds 
Maternity clothes? Still a mix of non-maternity and maternity, though my maternity things are so much more comfortable than squeezing into normal shorts! 
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Lately sleep has been inconsistent. Some nights I sleep like a rock, and others I toss and turn trying to get comfortable.
Best moment(s) this week: We had a great time in northern Virginia last week (if you missed the recap, you can read here). I've been making a lot of nursery progress and am eager to share once it's complete. We also had a tour of Vanderbilt hospital, where Baby A will be born.
Miss Anything? My morning cup of coffee.
Movement: Those kicks are getting stronger! Sometimes I can feel a little movement and know a kick is coming, and other times I am caught off guard. 
Food cravings: Spicy things have sounded great lately. So far, they haven't bothered me yet, and I'm hoping that heartburn won't be an issue later on!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Hmm..can't think of anything.
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, though not as many as a couple weeks ago. After an active day, my tummy is a little achey. 
Belly Button in or out? Still hanging in there. The top half is almost flat and the bottom is still in.
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Mood: A little nervous about taking care of a newborn, but overall excited and anxious to meet our little girl (not too eager though...she can stay in there another 12 weeks or so!).
Looking forward to: My 28 week appointment next week and making more progress in the nursery!

And a couple more updates this week...

I found a nice second-hand kids' shop on the other side of town and spotted a couple outfits with tags on. After a quick search, I found out that Coccoli is a baby designer and means "pampered babies" in Italian. I've been trying to hold off buying anything, but they were a pretty great purchase for $5 and $7!


I also picked up a few books to add to the bookshelf in the nursery.


And finally, here's a sneak peek of some nursery DIY art I'm working on. 


Have a great weekend!

+, Lauren Aiken



1 comment:

  1. Baby A is getting so big! And you still look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete