7.12.2012

Virginia Recap


Last week we took a quick road trip to Northern Virginia! Our week was filled with all kinds of fun activities, and I'm wishing now that I used my camera more while we were there.



We spent the 4th of July with a ton of family friends. There was a huge spread of delicious food, the kids played in the pool, and the guys even set off a few fireworks in the yard. There were about 40 people there - the Aikens sure know how to host a party! It was SO hot that day, but between tons of water and ducking inside every once in awhile, I think everyone managed to stay cool enough. 


Mallory is so artistic and crafty and made this banner!



Isn't it super cute?!


Matt's dad grilled sausages and hotdogs, and we had bbq pulled chicken as well. Friends brought salads, sides, and desserts, and everything was delicious


On Thursday we went to the Nationals / Giants baseball game. The Aikens were torn as to who to root for since the majority of Nancy's family lives in California! In the end the Nationals won.

Mallory, Gramma Jean, and Grandpa Don


Maclendon and Merrick (I hadn't seen these two since February!)


Nancy, Jerry, and Maclean


And Matt and myself


This was my first professional sporting event! I think I would go again :).


Since we had 100+ degree days, ALL of us got in the pool one morning. Grandpa Don got in soon after this photo too!


We ate at one of my favorite pizza places, Fire Works Pizza. I used to hate pizza. I didn't eat it until after college, and even now it's only wood fired pizza for this girl if I have a say in it! This one is the Smokey Blue - Gorgonzola, wood roasted onions, smoked bacon, tomato sauce, rosemary, and a balsamic glaze.


As I mentioned before, Matt's parents gave us nursery furniture, which we got while we were there! And the ladies took a big trip to IKEA one day to pick up some other things.

We were also able to see a bunch of friends on Friday. I was so excited to see everyone that I forgot to take ANY pictures :(. Thank you to all who came to visit with us for a bit!!

On the way home we stopped to meet JC (Matt's college pastor who officiated our wedding), Katie and their two kids. They are expecting their third, and Katie is due 3 days after me! Aubrey's was Matt's spot in college. He and his friends would go there once a week. 


That pretty much sums up our trip! 

Oh, and I'm sorry I missed my 26 week post last week. This baby bump is growing by the day, and I have a lot of updates to share this week so stay tuned!

+, Lauren Aiken


1 comment:

  1. Fun trip! That banner is so cute...and hello, next time you need to root for the Giants :)

    ReplyDelete