6.24.2012

24 weeks


How far along? 24 weeks, 6 days 
Baby Size: about 1.25 pounds and 12.5 inches long!
Total weight gain: 13 pounds
Maternity clothes? I think I need to retire my jeans for awhile, though I can still get by with some regular shorts and capris. I purchased a few more maternity items while my family was in town from Motherhood Maternity so now I think I'm set for the next few months.
Stretch marks? Not yet, but my tummy still has a lot of growing to do..
Sleep: Most nights I sleep like a rock. Twice this week I didn't even wake up once! However, there are other nights   that I have woken up for an hour or so.
Best moment(s) this week: Spending lots of time with Mackenzie while Matt was out of town, picking Matt up from the airport Friday night, and trying out a new restaurant for date night last night! Also, (technically week 23) a good experience with my new midwife at Vanderbilt and news that Baby A is growing right on track.
Miss Anything? Our favorite Seattle restaurant, Bastille. I always get their falafel so I'm planning to make it this week. I've never made it before so if you have a good recipe please send it my way
Movement: She's still moving quite a bit! I haven't really detected any patterns, other than I can usually feel it most when I am still.
Food cravings: Sweets, pineapple, and the cucumber dill salad I keep mentioning always hits the spot.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Thankfully not!
Gender: Girl.
Labor Signs: I think I've had a few Braxton Hick's contractions (though these are not true labor contractions). My lower stomach will get very hard, and I thought it was the baby moving at first, but I think it's really these 'practice' contractions.
Symptoms: I have only had a few itchy bumps but nothing like that rash a couple weeks ago! With the hot days this week my hands have been a bit swollen.
Belly Button in or out? In. I think I have a few weeks to go until it's flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On, except for one night this week.
Mood: Excited and very eager to start preparing Baby A's nursery!
Looking forward to: A pretty low key week this week :).


Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

+, Lauren Aiken

1 comment:

  1. Cute new blog Lauren! Looks like things are going well in Nashvegas--we miss y'all here!

    ReplyDelete