6.22.2012

Lunchtime

Happy Friday! Does anyone else struggle with coming up with quick, delicious, and nutritious lunches? I am always on the lookout for new recipes, especially now that I'm able to pack lunches for Matt to take to work. 

Last week we tried curried chicken salad on wheat pitas. It's packed with flavor (you have to like curry), and you can make it ahead and assemble right before serving. 

I could eat some kind of salad with every meal, especially in the summertime! If you're a fan of fresh veggies and vinaigrettes, you will love this cucumber dill salad!! I made it two days in a row (with the feta mixed in, this recipe is probably best prepared no more than an hour or so before serving). Substituting basil for dill would give a totally different flavor. I think it could even be served on bread for a summer-style bruschetta.


My favorite recipes are those with minimal ingredients and maximum flavor, 
and these two were just that! 

Do you have any go-to recipes for lunches? 
How about make ahead recipes to share? 
I'm always up for trying something new!


+, Lauren Aiken


No comments:

Post a Comment