3.17.2014

21 Weeks

Thank you all for the sweet congratulations on Baby Girl #2! I am so excited for Nora to have a little sister, especially since I have two of my own and couldn't picture it any other way :).



jeans \\ top (clothes swap party) \\ cardi (BR old, similar)

How far along: 21 weeks, 3 days
Size: About 10.5 inches and 12.7 oz (banana)
Gender: Girl :)
Total weight gain: 10 pounds
Maternity clothes: I had fallen into the trap of wearing solely maternity clothes because it's easier than trying to find what still fits and what doesn't, but I spent a little time organizing my closet for spring this week and separated things that fit and things that will have to wait until after baby. I'm going to try to get the most use out of my regular clothes as possible in these next few weeks!
Stretch marks: Looking forward to making this soon! Have you tried something similar?
Sleep: I've been sleeping okay this week - waking up frequently but comfortable for the most part.
Movement: Baby girl is kicking a lot, and I'm loving it every time!!
Queasy or sick: Just some lingering stomach issues from the bug I caught last weekend.
Labor Signs: --
Symptoms:  This pregnancy has gone by quickly so far, but I realized this week that I physically feel about 30 weeks pregnant. It's already hard to bed over at the waist, my stomach feels huge, and my uterus feels heavy this time around. I know I have a long way to go so I'm going to focus on stretching and relaxing as much as possible. I've been taking lavender EO baths almost every night :).
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Recap of the week: Nora and I spent a long morning at the park with friends. Matt and I went out for a double date Friday night, shopped a little Saturday morning, and rested Sunday afternoon. Things have been pretty low key since I'm still not feeling 100%.
Looking forward to: Starting to nursery plan this week and Gramps Aiken comes to visit next weekend.

And for comparison, here's my 21 week post with Nora. We were staying in Iowa in the process of moving from Seattle to Nashville! It's hard to believe that was almost 2 years ago!

Happy Monday!
+, Lauren Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment