7.21.2012

28 Weeks {Third Trimester!}


How far along? 28 weeks, 5 days. It's so hard to believe we will meet our little girl in about 12 weeks!
Baby Size: ~2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long
Total weight gain: 20 pounds
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing maternity clothes the majority of the time now.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: I'm back to sleeping well this week in between bathroom breaks.
Best moment(s) this week: We're starting to make friends here! A couple from our small group came over to watch So You Think You Can Dance (this is my all-time favorite show). We paused between dances and exchanged stories. The best part - they live in our apartment complex! As far as baby moments this week, I finished the DIY canvas I was working on, started sewing the crib skirt, and we had our 28 week appointment yesterday. Matt got to find her heartbeat, and he was dead on! The midwife also showed him how to deliver a baby :).
Miss Anything? Coffee and sushi.
Movement: She's a strong little kicker! Sometimes I can feel body parts now too. It's a little strange but pretty amazing! Yesterday the midwife told us that her head is down, her bottom is to my left side and her legs are to my right. Of course, she's still small enough to move around a bit, but I'm hoping she stays head down!
Food cravings: Spicy and sour. Not at the same time.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Girl.
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Stronger but less frequent B-H contractions. Lots of kicks. A little indigestion, only if I lie down after eating.
Belly Button in or out? Still about the same - half in, half flat on some days. Other days it's still in.
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Mood: Excited and a little anxious. I found out my glucose was elevated am going in for the 3-hour test sometime next week. They'll do a baseline blood test and then test my glucose level each hour for 3 hours to see how my body is processing sugar over time.
Looking forward to: Finishing up the crib bedding and ordering a mattress this week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
+, Lauren Aiken


1 comment:

  1. YAY! You're so cute. I can't believe you're in the 3rd trimester already. I remember when you were like 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete