2.08.2013

Recipes {from an ex-vegetarian}

I don't love meat. My husband thinks I overuse the phrase I don't love in general, but sometimes that's the best way to describe it. I could never eat meat again and be completely satisfied. I started a vegetarian diet my sophomore year of college and continued until last fall when we were trying to get pregnant. I wanted to make sure I was getting enough iron and protein, though I am confident this can be done in a vegetarian diet also. I also was recently married and wanted to provide non-vegetarian meals to my ever-so-adventurous-with-my-cooking husband. Thankfully, he loves all food and will try anything that I want to make. There are some weeks that we eat vegetarian meals most nights, but lately I've been trying to find some meaty meals that we both enjoy.

{via}

A few favorites from last month:
Chicken and Mushroom Marsala - I will make this again and again, which doesn't happen often around here.
Penne with Sausage, Eggplant, and Feta - Substituted chorizo instead of breakfast sausage in this one.
Bacon and Butternut Pasta with Caramelized Onions and Kale - Calls for temeph bacon, but I used the real thing.
Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes - Best sloppy joe recipe I've found.
Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin - Another that I will make over and over again. Plus, it's slow cooked - couldn't be more simple.
Creamy Polenta with Chorizo and Peppers - Great 'comfort food' meal!

Do you like to try new recipes, or do you have tried-and-true go-tos?
I'm always looking for new recipes!
Do you have a favorite {or two} to share?
 +, Lauren Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment